Children's Bridge, our adoption agency, sent out a very lengthy email to all families waiting for adoption in the Chinese program. As always, very candid, no sugarcoating, just the best guesses possible based on current evidence. Just like we like it (even though it sometimes stings!).
We're told that current wait times will not get shorter, that they have nothing to do with the Olympic games (which are thought to only affect travel and not referrals), but more likely, due to decreased abandonments (good for China, so we can't really be too negative about this).
Their prediction is that we "will or should receive a referral", along with groups 256-7, in 2008 (I'm thinking early 2009, so it's in line with what I'm thinking. I'm adding 2 months for the Olympics). That would include groups with LIDs (Log In Dates) prior to mid March 2006. They also had predictions ranging from 2009 to 2013 for CB up to #297 (LID sometime in 2007). Ow!
I imagine there are a lot of saddened families tonight across Canada, as not all seem to realize how long the wait really was going to be, although if they did the math over the last few months, much as I have (obsessively, maybe? Hey, gimme a break! It's one of the few things we can control in all this!), this really wouldn't be a surprise. Who would have thought it?
When we started this journey, wait times were approximately 6 months. We're at 23 months, and counting! Hm!
We're told that current wait times will not get shorter, that they have nothing to do with the Olympic games (which are thought to only affect travel and not referrals), but more likely, due to decreased abandonments (good for China, so we can't really be too negative about this).
Their prediction is that we "will or should receive a referral", along with groups 256-7, in 2008 (I'm thinking early 2009, so it's in line with what I'm thinking. I'm adding 2 months for the Olympics). That would include groups with LIDs (Log In Dates) prior to mid March 2006. They also had predictions ranging from 2009 to 2013 for CB up to #297 (LID sometime in 2007). Ow!
I imagine there are a lot of saddened families tonight across Canada, as not all seem to realize how long the wait really was going to be, although if they did the math over the last few months, much as I have (obsessively, maybe? Hey, gimme a break! It's one of the few things we can control in all this!), this really wouldn't be a surprise. Who would have thought it?
When we started this journey, wait times were approximately 6 months. We're at 23 months, and counting! Hm!






No comments:
Post a Comment