
Children's Bridge tells us we have had 8 days of referrals, not 10. To January 20th 2006 LIDs. Sounds worse than it is: January 21 and 22 were on a weekend, so very few LIDs on those 2 days. I figure we'll see about 5 days of referrals next month, so that is in keeping with what I'd expected in the mid-term
To make this news better, I thought I'd add a photo of Vanessah, our beloved and very affectionate feline, sitting under the mouse ("rat") Joanne gave us to celebrate the Chinese New Year. Poor cat (just wait 'til you have to live with a kid pulling your tail!)
We got another email from the Bridge yesterday. Neat to hear from them, after so few 'personal' contacts. Guess that means we're getting closer... Here it is (with my two cents in CAPS):
We got another email from the Bridge yesterday. Neat to hear from them, after so few 'personal' contacts. Guess that means we're getting closer... Here it is (with my two cents in CAPS):
Sent: 10-Jun-2008 12:23 PMTo: Lebeau, Sue
Subject: Referrals Update
Hi Richard and Suzanne, (YEAH, THEY CALL ME SUZANNE, BUT DON'T YOU DARE TRY IT!!! UGH!)
The CCAA just updated their website to say that they have matched up to and including January 20, 2006 which is great news! I know all families are wondering when they will receive a referral. As Group 255 has 20 days in between your LID and the last matching date (22 days for our families in other provinces), I think it is safer to estimate a referral in September, and travel in November. A referral in August is still a possibility for the Ontario families, but it is unlikely that the CCAA can match 20 days in two months.
I would like to remind families that even if you have completed the Sponsorship Application for Immigration, you can still apply for the new Citizenship route. The Citizenship Route is easier for families as it eliminates the need to apply for Permanent Residence once you are home. Once you receive a referral it is too late to apply for Citizenship, so if this is something you want to do please do it now and forward us your new numbers. I can provide the link to access the CIC website and paperwork. (WE'VE DONE THIS, ADDING TO OUR PILE OF PAPERWORK AND RUNNING AROUND). As always, if your family circumstances have changed please advise us now. This would include an illness, pregnancy, separation, changed address or phone numbers, concurrent adoption or if you have given birth while waiting. If you have applied to adopt domestically or through CAS you may want to withdraw your application, as you do not want to be proposed two children at the same time.
I think this is all for now. I would like to thank our Ontario families for your timely completion of the Homestudy Updates (MORE PAPERWORK AND HOOPS SUCCESSFULLY VANQUISHED). We have new approvals or pending approvals for every family! If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me.
Sincerely, Jenna Ryan Children's Bridge
And there you have it, hot off the press! Cheers!






4 comments:
At least you are getting some info! And to think for sure by Christmas you will be all settling into mommyhood! We are so excited!!!!!!!
Congrats on one step closer.....
Tracey
I must admit we're starting to get cautiously excited too... : )
Okay. Is this rocket science or what. How does the Chinese puzzle actually work. Does Sue's Genius IQ need to apply here? What is the deal?
maybe you're up to late playing with emails!
Post a Comment