Friday, August 01, 2008

The Dreaded Olympics

The Olympic games have made what should have been the most predictable months in our wait become the least predictable. If the games weren't happening, we'd be almost certain to receive our referral in September, or possibly October. But now, all bets are off. The rumours are mixed: some agencies say the China Centre of Adoption Affairs (CCAA) will provide referrals before the games, while others say no. And some agencies say CCAA staff will stop working entirely during the Olympics, while others say they won't. This means that August and September are a big question mark, as far as moving forward.
.
I don't know yet if I'll watch the games. It would be nice to see some of the scenery they sometimes show along with them, but might be too hard. Hope all goes well for all who do attend, and that all can achieve their hopes and dreams!
.
Meanwhile, I'm starting a list of things to bring to China in my mind, and will pretty soon commit it to paper. That'll be something productive to do. I'm sure once our referral is here or almost here, time will fly!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you guys hear something this week!

Josée & Mike

Anonymous said...

I hope you guys hear something this week!

Josée & Mike

Tania said...

Hopefully the olympics won't push back things too far. Keeping you in our thoughts.

Tania, Marcel, Christine and Ryan

happycampers said...

Thanks you guys! We so appreciate the cheerleading, and can't wait to give our so loved nieces and nephews a brand new cousin!

More Savannah!

Savannah!