Well! Looks like the China Centre of Adoption Affairs (CCAA) has provided 6 days worth of referrals, instead of the heavily rumoured 2! Bye bye January 2006: families with LIDs right to the 31st have received referrals! Although CCAA was likely closed between January 25 and February 5 2006, inclusive, there still were a very small number of LIDs recorded during that period. Mysterious. We're still 9 LID days away from our own, so September referral is unlikely, especially since CCAA is working with a smaller number of staff during the Olympics, but October is looking like a reasonable maybe. Yay!
.
I've been reading tons and tons about China, and think I understand better some of the reasons for the slowdown. When we started this journey, I'd pictured China as a third world country, but so much has changed in the last 20 years, and the pace has been incredible in the last 10, and even 5 years. I think we'll be going to a modern, cosmopolitan, capitalist ('with Chinese characteristics', as the famous Deng Xiaoping quote goes), highly urbanized, vibrant country. I do hope we get to see some of the 'old' more traditional China too. What a juxtaposition that would be. The world had better get ready for China, as it is rapidly overtaking the global economy, and who knows where it will be in 10 short years...






No comments:
Post a Comment