Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Home!


We're home! On arriving to North Bay on November 15th, we had a huge contingent of Savannah fans waiting at the airport, complete with a bright "welcome home Savannah" sign, balloons and tons of friends and family. Savannah took it all in without crying or seeming too out of sorts. A delicious dinner for all followed at Joanne's and Franco's, and then we drove home, exhausted.

After a couple of middle of the night wake-ups, Savannah finally slept right through last night, as she'd done all along in China. Hope that continues! She's sprouted 2 teeth within 3 days of each other, has had her nights and days completely reversed, and has had a nasty cough and runny nose in the past few days. All that, and still she's in good spirits. Like, wow!

Went to work for a few short moments yesterday, and will go back in the next week or so, to see more of the gang. I have to say going there felt a little like going home, something that's only otherwised happened work-wise with Laurentian U and U of Ottawa. Nice!

Hi to DCP team, and to SANE team! And Jackie, you did just fine with blogging! Cheers!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy for you! I couldn't wait to hear how things were going..I can't tell you how many times a day I went on your web site to see if there was an update!
Savannah seems to be very contented..that is wonderful!
Take care,
Gib

Anonymous said...

Hi guys,

I so cannot wait to see her again. The airport scene was absolutely extraordinary. What fun! Savannah is just the cutest thing ever. We were so happy to finally meet her. I was so expecting a crying baby at the airport and she was just so perfect, so alert and inquisitive.

I am glad that she seems to be adjusting to her home and her Mom and Dad just fine.

We are so happy for you. Mike and I are planning on spoiling her (payback for Vanessa and David, of course!) The kids just love her too! David and Vanessa told all of their friends at school and daycare all about their new cousin.

xo

The Morris Family

Anonymous said...

Hope you are getting settled into a routine-of course Savannah rules. Since Dad was gone to help Joe, I went to bed very early, but Josée called around 11, so now I'm wide awke! Decided to make myself a coffee as I didn't have one before going to bed. Also printed a few pictures of Savannah to show my hairdresser [and anybody else I can snag] when I get a haircut tomorrow. Can't wait to see Savannah again. Wonder if she'll recognize us. Take care. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

I just want to say thank you for sharing your precious moments with us. I looked forward daily to reading the news and looking at your pictures. Savannah is so blessed to have you both, take care and I look forward to meeting her. How does Neptune like her? or better yet how does she like Neptune?

Love Denise & Discharge Planning!

Anonymous said...

Salut vous trois !

Noël aura une saveur toute particulière pour vous cette année. Comme il doit être merveilleux de voir Noël à travers les yeux de son enfant ! Tout à l'air à bien aller. Tant mieux! On pense à vous !
Valérie et Serge

More Savannah!

Savannah!