Today, our wonderful family of 2 has become a family of 3! Yes! We were up at 0600 (but awake much earlier) and off to Liangping with 3 other families. After a 3 hour drive north, we arrived at the Liangping Social Welfare Institute, Savannah's home since day 1. It takes up the whole 4th floor on a 6 or 7 story building at the end of a muddy street. On arrival, were greeted by 2 nannies and the orphanage director, and went right away to the crib rooms. The crib rooms each held about 8 cribs, stuck together side by side. The rooms themselves are about 10 x 8 feet, with 4 cribs lined up on each side. No Savannah in the first room, but the other families found their little ones there. In the second room, there were 2 babies sitting there. We recognized Savannah, and also saw a photo very similar to that of her finding ad stuck to the wall above her crib. The nanny handed her over to us. What a moment! She didn't cry, and before long, Rick had her babbling, and she even smiled a little once.
The orphanage director treated us to an amazing lunch, including some spicy foods (we are in Sichuan, after all!). All was delicious. It was served Chinese style, with 11 different dishes placed onto a large lazy Susan in the middle of the table. Mmmm!
Savannah was very good on the bus trip back. Had a little nap, and drank her formula with no problemos. She did cry when we got back to the hotel, but who can blame her? I think she'll miss her homies for quite a while. What a day for her!
The scenery from Chongqing to Liangping is amazing: subtropical, lush, with houses of brick here and there, anywhere you could possibly imagine (hilltops, valleys), surrounded by rolling hills and green mountains. We saw many people working the soil and tending to their plantings which carpet hillsides that in Canada would be considered non-arable land because of their pitch. Not so in China!
We're tired, but very happy, and her grandmaman and grandpapa Chartrand are thrilled.
Again, thanks to all who helped make our wait easier!






25 comments:
Hi!
I sat set my alarm extra early just in case... I am sooo glad I did. She is so, so, so, (I could go on)cute!
We are thrilled!!!!!
Congratulations!
xoxox
The Morris Family
Hi,
Give my new niece a big hug for me.
Mike
Good Morning Little Angel !!!
Hello Mom and Dad !
I've been looking all night for pictures and was it worth the wait.
She is co cute and she looks just like her pictures.
What a little doll.
Congratulations !
Joanne
Couldn't wait to see the pictures. I called Josée and she had already seen them. I checked just moments ago and they weren't there so I was surprised when I logged on again and there you all were. Glad that mom and dad got to go on the tripwith you. When I called Josée, Vanessa was checking out the pictures so I didn't get to chat with her. Neither she or Jo would come to the phone.
Savannah is cuter than ever. Congratulations.
Eel
Heyy
Oh my gosh she is just the cuttest thing ever......i can't wait to see her you have to give her a big hug!!
You guys look so cute as parents
Congratulations!!!
I am sooo happy
XOXOXOOXOXO
JENNA
My eyes are barely open and I am searching for the newest blog entry!!!!!!!
The day is FINALLY here!!!!!!!!!!!! We are soooooo happy for you all. She is so beautiful and I cannot imagine the joy in your hearts! Today will be a day you will never forget! (neither will we)
Congratulations and best of luck in this new adventure!!!!!
THe Antonioni Family!!!! xo
Wow! You make up a terrific looking family. I am so happy for you all. Enjoy yourselves!
Janis H (CCU)
I am so happy for you.....The pictures are awesome......thinking about you often....
Have fun!!!!
Love Lori
Hi!!
Wow!! Congratulations on become new parents. Your daughter is beautiful.Can't wait for more picturs. The fisrt thing I did when i got up was run to the computer to check your blog hehehe.(I actually ran) I'm glad I did.
Take Care
Terri
CONGRATULATIONS !!!! She is so beautiful. We're so happy for you. Enjoy every single moment while you're there. Just savour every minute with Savannah. She's amazing. Can hardly wait to meet her.
Good luck while in China.
The MacIntyre's
Hi,
Yahoooo...finally the day has come.
We are so happy for all of you!
It has been a long journey...one you will cherish forever. I dream't all night about you guys(Patti).
Congratulations!!
Have lots of fun!!!!
See you soon.
Patti, Denis & the Kids.
Congratulations!!!!
She is beautifuI!!!!!!
I showed Neptune the pictures and she can't wait for you guys to get home so she can give her a big KISS
I agree what a great looking family
Have fun!
Theresa
Sue and Family
We have been following your adventure! We are so happy for you guys. She is such a cutie!!! Hope this finds you well. Safe travel and we miss you!
DCP Team
Hi!
We are so happy for you. She is so cute. Congratulation! We are so existed to meet her.
Valerie & Serge
Hi!
I asked David if he wanted to send a message to his new cousin and he said yes.
From "grand cousin" David:
"Je t'aime Savannah."
Il trouve qu'elle est très belle.
Josée pour David Morris
CONGRATULATIONS SUE AND RICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You two will make wonderful parents!! She's beautiful and I can't wait to meet her!!!!!
Congratulations again, what a miracle you have there!
Love
Alex & Jesse
CONGRATULATIONS SUE AND RICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You two will make wonderful parents!! She's beautiful and I can't wait to meet her!!!!!
Congratulations again, what a miracle you have there!
Love
Alex & Jesse
Hi!
Thanks so much for the phone call. It so did not sound like you were on the other side of the planet. It was so nice to hear both of you sound so happy.
How great it must have been to wake up this morning and finally have her with you. It was really, really neat to hear Richard making Savannah laugh on the phone.
She officially sounds as cute as she looks!
Aunt Josée
Bonjour Savannah,
J'ai hâte de te voir sortir de l'avion.
Suzie et Richard,
Merci pour la belle cousine. Je vous aime.
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Vanessa Morris
She is perfect!!! We are so, so happy for you. Congratulations!!! These are beautiful pictures of the 5 of you. Enjoy the remainder of your stay in China. Ann and John
Congrats again from Scott and I. Sounds like it was a great day..long but great just the same. Can't wait to meet her. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
Julie
Hello to the family of three. We are so excited for you! I love all the pictures and the lovely memories and stories attached. Big hugs and kisses to your beautiful little darling from all of us.
Congratulations from the Ng Family.
Ça y est, un rêve devenu réalité! Félicitations à vous deux! Savannah est resplendissante!
Profitez au maximum de ces précieux moments dans son pays natal.
Nous sommes tellement heureux pour vous!
La famille Gauthier-Larouche
Hi guys,
Have a great rest of your trip. I will probably only be able to catch up with you again on the blog on November 9th or so when I return. Have a great time in China with your fantastic daughter. Thanks again for the phone call!
Viva Las Vegas!!!!!!!
Josée & Mike
Congratulations guys - how exciting for you all! She is absolutely adorable! Sheryl
Post a Comment