Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Touring Around











We toured downtown Chongqing today. Lots of high end (really high end) shopping. Needless to say, we didn't buy a lot, but did get a gift for Vanessa, David, Christy and Tessa. Suspense? Good! We went to city hall, and bought a scroll with Savannah's Chinese name painted in calligraphy. We'll receive it tomorrow. City Hall, pictured above, was ornate and of typical colourful and ornate Chinese style. Grand! We also saw the mighty Yangtze river, one of the 3 most important in China. I'd so wanted to see it! Had lunch at Pizza Hut, as we were craving North American fare. Yum!


The sky is constantly hazy here, much more so than in Beijing. Josee, you'd croak here! The temperatures are in the high teens - low twenties, and it's humid. Chongqing is known to be hot, hazy, humid, and hilly. We agree.

Savannah nearly smiled a couple of times today, and for the first time, didn't continually cry when we set her down. She still doesn't automatically open her mouth for the bottle, and needs to be coaxed, but once she starts she can sink 8 oz in no time (thanks Tanje for the bottles!). She doesn't know what to do with food, and it's a bit of a struggle getting in a tablespoon of pablum in - not all at one time - I may be a first time mother, but I'm no fool! Speaking of first time parenting, we're the only first time parents in this whole group, and one of only two couples who have never adopted. Interesting!
Mike, we use the diaper bag duck every day, and we think of you when we put our dirty diapers in! Vanessa and David, I told Savannah all about you. Christy, Savannah loves your "noonie". See it in the photo? Jenna, what's your rate for babysitting? Is it free if she's cute?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Savannah,
I'm so happy to see that picture. I can't wait to meet you.
Love,
Christy
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Love the pics!!! Keep them coming!!! Nothing wrong with wanting to be held, she knows she has lost time to make up for with mommy and daddy!!!!

I am still glowing with excitement for you two!

The Antonioni Fam xo

Anonymous said...

Dear Savannah,
I am so happy to see you.
You are so cute.
Love,
Tessa
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Awesome City Hall picture. What a nice building. What is the "big Cheerio" that you are all around for a picture? Sounds like you are getting to know Savannah's little habits well. I'm sure that every day is a new discovery. I can't wait to get to know her little Savannah isms first hand.

Have a great touring day tomorrow.

Eel

Anonymous said...

0Hey Boy,
I bet an extra large double double THD coffee would go good with that donut your sitting in. Your face must be getting soar from all that smilling, looks good on you.

Regards,

80203

More Savannah!

Savannah!