Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Olympic Grandeur





And the best photo of all!

We went to the Bird's Nest and Water Cube today. Absolutely stunning! The building that looks like a torch is just beside it all and it is a hotel (excuse the lack of contrast in the photo: that's smog). Then, to the Pearl Market for more goodies for Cindy, Tanje, the Lebeaus, Joe, and Dave and Carolyn. We've also gotten about 15 years worth of Gotcha gifts for Savannah, as well as some squeaky shoes, red leather boots, and a Chinese coming home suit. I think we're shopped out!
Tracey, congratulations to you and your sister! That's great great news!!! And Cindy, I hope your trip is as amazing as it sounds; you deserve it! Tanje, thanks for all the practical advice - you can't imagine how often it's been appreciated! (PS: Derek will be impressed: I'm eating congee every morning - yum!). Funny story about Alex! I can't wait for she and Julia to get together with Savannah! Jo and Mike: so glad you had a blast in Vegas! Can't wait to hear all about it, and see your photos. Perhaps we can gather at Elaine's on Sunday? Can't wait for David and Vanessa to meet Savannah! By the way, Elaine, congrats on the new house!


Above is some spicy frog (and I do mean frog, not just legs: there were pieces of bone, even spine, therein). It was tender and delicious.

Savannah's doing well. She's a pretty happy baby (I'm crossing my fingers in my mind as I say this - can't cross 'em while I'm typing). She's a neat little person, for sure. She seems to know that we're hers to keep, and today, when I came up to her unexpectedly, she grinned from ear to ear! Yay!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Savannah is gorgeous; China looks like a neat place to visit including. Joanne put me onto your blog and it's been fun reading about your exploits with your new daughter.
Debby Bernardia

Anonymous said...

I love her PICTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Beautiful!!

Enough said!
Tracey

Anonymous said...

Hey guys,

I absolutely love Savannah's smile! What a cutie! I guess you must almost be ready to begin packing... If you can think of any supplies that you would like to have on hand when you get home, please let me know. We can arrange for that. Either food or whatever at Wal-Mart. Diapers?

Every day, we have so much fun reading about your adventures, Savannah's progress and of course admiring our great new niece/cousin.

We were just going to come home on Saturday night thinking that you would be too tired to visit anyone on Sunday... However... we are super anxious (understatement of the century)to see you all - OK Savannah! You can email me more on that and we will make some reservations somewhere if you are planning on going to Eel's.

We are all so happy for you. Say "hi" to Mom and Dad for us too. Frog? Gross!

xo The Morris Family

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys are having the time of your life with your beautiful daughter. Take eveything in as you are going to remember these days for the rest of your lives. Everyday I look forward to reading your blog and seeing new pictures of Savannah. Wow she is so cute:)

Take Care
Terri

Anonymous said...

What a cutie !
We are counting down the days!!!
Miss you guys!!!
The Tignanelli's

Anonymous said...

She is soooo cute I can't wait to see her....counting down the day 4 more days wow....i can't wait to see all of the pics....what a great smile.Ohh will we be able to hold her or will we have to wait a bit...thats ok to what ever you guys want to do

Love ya Jenna

Anonymous said...

Hi Savannah,

Je t'aime beaucoup. Tu as un beau sourire.

Tu es très belle.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Vanessa

Anonymous said...

Hi Savannah,

I can't wait to see you and give you a big hug.

xoxo Uncle Mike

Tania said...

Love the beautiful smile from Savannah! It is such a joy to be able to follow your exploits!!! You should make that frog dish sometime for the kids, they say that sounds delicious!(LOL)

Anonymous said...

Hello friends,

WOW! Your daughter is absolutely beautiful. She looks so happy! We are so happy for you and your family. Can't wait to see you all on Saturday.

Love Ya!

The Coutu's

More Savannah!

Savannah!