Today, we shopped at two markets, including the well-known silk market. It was a blast! Both markets are 5 stories stuffed with tiny booths, crowded with people, and staffed with young people who constantly call out 'lookie lookie' and who speak reasonably good English (and even a few understood very basic pricing and bartering-related French!). It's like a wild auction, with vendors quoting outrageous prices, and us making a much much lower offer, and sticking to it. Almost all our deals happened after we walked away. Takes a little getting used, to, but so much fun! We got tons of Chinese knicknacks and souvenirs. Nice that I go to Chinatown every time I go to Toronto, as I know the going rate, and how low we can reasonably expect to go. Despite that, I'm sure they made good money off us. Tania, Christine, Ryan, Tracey, Sarah, we have little somethings for you. Marcus and Jenna too.
Tonight I ordered a tailor made white silk christening gown for Savannah. Just beautiful. We will get it later this week.
Tracey, tell your sister we're thinking of her. Can't wait to hear about her good news. She may already be a Mom again as I write this! Generous Jenna, I thought about your deal, and I can't quite bring myself to do it! You see, at then end of the day before yesterday, Savannah came to life. She shocked the daylights out of us by crawling (after a sugar packet - sounds like trouble), and outright laughing! And she's continued ever since! So far, she's a very happy baby, only crying when I force feed her (gently, don't worry) rice cereal. She's easily consoled. She drinks well, but still doesn't tolerate anything non-liquid in her mouth, and barfs (gross!) when given anything other than rice cereal (I think she gags herself because she's upset). Ah well!
Debbie T, Savannah loves her moose. And my mother's been 'holding it in', avoiding the squat toilets, and waiting until we get back to the hotel. I, on the other hand, am quite impressive at it, if I do say so myself. I EVEN managed to skillfully 'go' with Savannah in her front-carrier, withoug a) peeing on myself; b) slipping and sliding, or; c) stepping into the hole. Impressive, eh?!
Well blogger friends, that's that!






10 comments:
C'est tellement excitant ! On a bien hâte de vous entendre raconter toutes ces belles aventures en personnes et bien évidemment de rencontrer Savannah! Savourez chaque seconde, chaque moment.
Valérie et Serge XX
That picture is so cute where she is showing her toes.
Love Tessa .xoxoxo
I love Savannah's chubby cheeks.
I can't wait until she comes home.
Love Christy
xoxox
Cute Baby,
She looks just like her mother with her tongue out... rofl ( rolling on the floor laughing)
Marcus
I love the pic of her with her tongue sticking out. So cute. She sounds like she is adjusting well.
Can't wait to see you guys. Thanks for the pic with Mortimer.
Stay well....
Love Deb, Heather and the boys
xxxooo
We are so glad to see the new pics! Can't believe she was crawling! Hide the sugar!! Following your journey almost feels like a part of us is there with you!! Keep the pics and adventures coming!
Love
the Lebeau's from Windsor
You look so cute as a mom.I am so happy for you guys.....she looks like she has been apart of your family for ever the way her tongue is out and she is holding her toes.SHE IS WEARING PINK??
Love you guys so much Jenna
Congrats Sue!
Everyday I go in to work I check to see if there is an update.
All the girls on 3-west ask about you and send their best wishes!
A REAL silk christening gown! wow... that is going to be beautiful!
All the best!
Shelley :o)
I must say I was sure disappointed when there was no blog yesterday! ha - I'll forgive you as you are a little busy! CRAWLING!!!! WOW - she is an over achiever like her mother and Aunt Josee for sure! Thanks so much for thinking of my sister, no baby yet..but she is dialted 4 cm but no labour. If nothing she will be induced on the 12th! I am so excited! Love all the pics, keep them coming, you'll have lots to scrapbook when you get home, alongside your mom!!!!
Hugs
The Antonioni Family xo
Reading your blog has become the highlight of my day. And it's not that my life is boring...it's more that what you are living is so exciting. Savannah is so beautiful and has such stunning features. I love that last picture of her with the touque on and looking down. Continue to enjoy the China experience...see you soon! Ann
Post a Comment